Foam Laminating Applications
We have developed a line of durable fabrics for the lamination and foam forming industry. End uses for these fabrics are extensive, including: backpacks, footwear, public safety accessories, sports equipment, and medical and automotive products. We are currently knitting a variety of fabrics including: 100% nylon, nylon and Lycra® , polyester, Cordura®, CoolMax®, Kevlar®, Vectran® and Nomex®. There are important advantages to using our knitted fabrics vs. woven fabrics:
- Our knits stretch and conform to the widest variety of contours.
- Dye lot sizes for nylon and Cordura can be as low as 50 yards, giving you the opportunity to purchase w you need and avoid costly material excess associated with required large minimum purchases. We dye all nylon and Cordura in house, to your color standard.
Capabilities & Options
- Four Way Stretch
- Double Knits
Want to know more?
We would love to hear more about your project. Straus can use many different fibers to create fabrics t can go toward many different applications. W is yours? Let’s talk.
Most often used materials for our Foam Laminating Products
We will dye your order to meet your approved color specification.
Features of Stretch Nylon
- Strong and Resilient
- Highly elastic
- Outstanding shape retention, lending to wrinkle resistance
- Low moisture absorption = dries quickly
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- LONG LASTING!
We provide stretch nylon fabrics and trims in a variety of styles. Find below a small sample of w we offer:
- Popular weights
- 4-way stretch
- Double knits
- Stripes & Welts
- Jacquards, Logos, or Unique Textures
- Finished Goods
Textured Poly is highly abrasion resistant, comfortable, and color fast.
Features of Textured Poly
- Strong fiber with good abrasion resistance
- Resistance to wrinkling
- Low moisture regain
- High degree of wickability
- Excellent launderability
- Cost effective
Some of our Cordura® styles have completed 50,000 cycles of an abrasion test, and when the test was finished the fabric appeared untested.
Features of Cordura®
- Excellent wear performance
- Incredible abrasion resistance
- Provides a good balance between light weight and durability
- Easily cleaned and quick to dry
- Comfortable against the skin