At our cutting-edge knitting mill, we specialize in crafting fabrics and components for safety applications. Our extensive range includes fire-retardant, abrasion-resistant, and cut-and-slash fabrics, meeting the highest standards for protective wear in various industries.
Capabilities & Options
- Law Enforcement
- Industrial Protective Apparel
- Auto Racing Industry
Want to know more?
We would love to hear more about your project. Straus can use many different fibers to create fabrics t can go toward many different applications. W is yours? Let’s talk.
Most often used materials for our Safety Applications
We use Nomex® fibers in our fabrics in lining for firesuits, gloves, shoes, and racewear, as well as collars, cuffs and waistbands.
Nomex® is a self-extinguishing fiber protecting the wearer by giving then enough time to save themselves.
Features of Nomex®
- Resistance to high temperature and flame
- Low flammability and self-extinguishes when removed from flame source
- Comfortable to the wearer
We produce many fabrics made from Kevlar®.
Features of Kevlar®
- Cut and slash and ballistic protection
- Extremely high tenacity
- Outstanding stability to heat – retains strength after exposure to heat
- Superior resistance to many chemical agents