We manufacture comfortable and highly abrasion resistant fabrics and components for workwear and uniform industries.
Capabilities & Options
- Oil Industry
- Agriculture Industry
- Industrial Market
- Durable Workwear Applications
Want to know more?
We would love to hear more about your project. Straus can use many different fibers to create fabrics t can go toward many different applications. W is yours? Let’s talk.
Most often used materials for our Workwear Applications
We use Nomex® fibers in our fabrics in lining for firesuits, gloves, shoes, and racewear, as well as collars, cuffs and waistbands.
Nomex® is a self-extinguishing fiber protecting the wearer by giving then enough time to save themselves.
Features of Nomex®
- Resistance to high temperature and flame
- Low flammability and self-extinguishes when removed from flame source
- Comfortable to the wearer
We produce many fabrics made from Kevlar®.
Features of Kevlar®
- Cut and slash and ballistic protection
- Extremely high tenacity
- Outstanding stability to heat – retains strength after exposure to heat
- Superior resistance to many chemical agents
Some of our Cordura® styles have completed 50,000 cycles of an abrasion test, and when the test was finished the fabric appeared untested.
Features of Cordura®
- Excellent wear performance
- Incredible abrasion resistance
- Provides a good balance between light weight and durability
- Easily cleaned and quick to dry
- Comfortable against the skin